Recent NFA Branch Examiner Changes
Effective July 1, 2011, the BATFE has restructured how examiners are assigned in its NFA branch. From this point on, Forms 1, 2, 10, and 5320.20 will be assigned to an examiner based on the applicant’s address. Forms 3, 4, and 9 will be assigned to an examiner based on the transferor’s address. You can view the ATF’s letter here.
The examiners will be assigned to the following states:
· Nicole Dudash — IL, IN, OH, PA
· Chris Farris — AK, CT, MA, ME, MI, NH, RI, VT
· Ann Feltner — AZ, CA, NM, NV
· Jason Frushour — CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WI, WY
· Sara Jones — LA, TX
· Albert Lamberger — AL, FL, TN
· Dana Pickles — DE, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NY, VA, WV
· Suzanne Santamaria — GA, SC
· William Shipman — AR, HI, IA, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, OK
· Sandra Snook —ID, OR, WA
The hope of this change is that the examiners will become more adept at their assigned states’ laws and increase the speed of completing reviews.